Saturday 24 January 2009

Location Location Location












I have been interested while researching about Charles Rennie Mackintosh looking at the man reflected against the backdrop of his work and looking at the Glasgow Art School Building in particular. Especially when I read he had a club foot and some believe he may have had Asperger's Syndrome which is an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) Don't know why this interested me just does.




I was intrigued that due to financial hardship, the Mackintoshes moved in 1923 to the south of France, at Port Vendres. Something to bare in mind in this time of credit crunch. During this peaceful phase of his life, Charles Rennie Mackintosh created a large portfolio of architecture and landscape watercolour paintings.

This has taken me to consider his watercolours and those of flowers. I took a brief wander through the Hunterian Museum to look at these.




No comments:

Post a Comment