Monday 26 January 2009

Off to Berlin...







I am off to Berlin for a few days so I have a gap in producing my site place and context piece. Today I filled a corner with a baby installation looking at representing things that have interested me and tomorrow will revisit before I go away. What I have tried to do is to show a part of the route I have undertaken with this project. I'll call it my clubfoot to tulips in quite a few degrees of separation! Trying to show that there is a transparency of image in the Mackintosh building as the building has its own impact on work. Latterly, I have been interested in swaping in juxtaposition the floor with ceiling using walls and corners and some images of such I have put on fabric. In the end the only photographic image i put in my installation corner was of my hand ( I took a detour to look at Jean Cocteau and the DaDa movement). This followed on from an initial interest in Art Povera I especially liked a quote that ".... art is long dead one might as well chant qua qua...thinking what is art just gets in the way. " I looked at Mario Mertz and Janis Kounellis and Carl Andre with his " ...men climb mountains because they exist and men make art because it doesn't exist" statement. En route i considered Mark Wallinger and his poster displayed on the wall of the Ingleby gallery in Edinburgh: MARK WALLINGER IS INNOCENT. I posed the question IS CHARLES RENNIE MACKINTOSH INNOCENT? So above are some photos that helped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment