Tuesday 24 February 2009

The all seeing ear



Think what I am going to look at is how to represent metamorphosis or things changed into other things - with ears/sound or silence being a focus of such
I have always liked Rodin - who hasn't with nymphs coming out of urns. Maybe I could do something with ears.
Couple this with respect being seen as a minute of silence for those who died in the wars i.e. commeration for example. I would quite like the sound track of an event to be separated from the action and/or out of sinc. For example if an ear can't hear because it is manmade and/or a facsimile then does a sound that it "hears" exist? I have also liked jack-in-the boxes so what about ears coming out of boxes to hear things...I don't know.
Back to the metamorphosis i like the fact that "human/beetles" being unable to move by the physical weight of the metamorphosis...not that the story might better be understood to be a dream! What if people were weighted down and couldn't get up...maybe by heavy rucksacks..weighed down unable to move by the noise that life exposes them to...maybe by the weight of silence?
Dunno.

No comments:

Post a Comment