Sunday 10 May 2009

I am frustrated...



I am frustrated by what I am doing... in fact I don't like it much as it falls short on all the levels I can think of. Basically I wanted to make colour have an impact and look at how different colours relate to each other.

So now is a time to reflect..

I was inspired by David Batchelors Chromophobia - basically the richer you get the whiter your white is.

To this end I wanted to use throw away items and paint them the items were for me irrelevant they were just vehicles to carry colour.

I gathered...and my friends gathered milk cartons and I painted them I had another restriction I wanted to keep costs to the minimum...so i used paint I had.

Then I spent what felt like all my life painting these bloody bottles - I never had enough but at the same time I had too many!

Then I had to think how to join, display show them?

Am still thinking

What was nearly pleasing in a drawing was impossible to achieve - well for me it was.

The form of the bottle got in the way.
Then I looked at pillars or colour and used wine carriers to hold the bottles and this is where I will stop rather than where I thought I would be.
What is that joke: You ask directions to a place of a local who says I wouldn't start from here!
Well I wouldnt finish here either ... I just am!

No comments:

Post a Comment